Talking about administrator rights and elevation prompts: If you are a standard user, it can be annoying to get the UAP User Account Protection) prompt every time a program likes to start with administrator rights.
- The screen doesn’t get shaded anymore
- The elevation prompt doesn’t pop up
The following steps are necessary:
- Open Local Security Policy (secpol.msc)
- Under Security Settings -> Security Options open the entry User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for standard users
- Change the value from Prompt for credentials to Automatically deny elevation requests
Of course, those programs cannot be started anymore for standard users 😉