SonicFileFinder is a free add-in for Visual Studio 2005 that allows a fast and convenient search for any file within every Project of the loaded Solution by entering the complete filename or just a part of it. The found file(s) can either be edited with a single keystroke or a Windows Explorer can be opened at the file’s location.
This release contains a bugfix and some new configuration features according to Roland’s very thorough add-in comparision post.
- FIXED: Selected items don’t change anymore when sorting.
- ADDED: New keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+Z in hotkey assignment dialog.
- ADDED: The command bar at the bottom of the SonicFileFinder window can be hidden in the popup window and/or in the tool window.
- ADDED: The match column can be hidden.
- ADDED: The live preview feature can be disabled freeing up space in the command bar.
Download it on the SonicFileFinder website.
I really like to thank all of you for your interest in the first version of SonicFileFinder. I was overwhelmed seeing that you have downloaded the 1.0 version 121 times at the moment of this post.
This is now one of my new favorite vs.net plugins!
(Brenton you found your way into the acknowledgements section of the SonicFileFinder help file 😉